Welcome to the professional web page of Jessica P. Miller, Ph.D.
I am Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Interdisciplinary Programs in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, and Chair of Philosophy at the University of Maine, the flagship campus of the University of Maine System. I am also staff clinical ethicist at Northern Light Health Eastern Maine Medical Center, the second largest hospital in Maine.
I have a pretty wide range of interests in clinical ethics, medical humanities, moral psychology, feminist theory, and popular culture.
******Check out this UMaine Today Story and video about my clinical ethics work, my teaching, and my thoughts about the discipline of philosophy.********
- Warning: This education might trigger trauma. Are we coddling College students?
- Should the Internet Pay for your Health Care? Maine kidney surgery raises ethical quandary.
- Click here for an article in the Bangor Daily News about me and my work as a clinical ethicist.
Articles from UMaine Today:
- Healthcare’s Rural Realities (about my work as a clinical ethicist in a rural area)
- Final Decisions (about my work as a clinical ethicist with a focus on end of life care)
- Trust On The Line (about my research on the ethics of trust and feminist theory)
Email me at jessica(dot)miller(at)maine(dot)edu/
Thank you for visiting!