I specialize in supporting faculty in their quest for achieving tenure and/or promotion. I also offer coaching for successful reappointment at the earlier stages. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, or to schedule a free 25 minute Zoom exploratory session.
- I have 5 years experience guiding faculty in the tenure and promotion process as a higher ed administrator
- As department chair for 5 years, I supported faculty in their onboarding and promotion processes
- I have served as an external reviewer for tenure and promotion cases at a range of colleges and universities
- I have personally been through the process of tenure and promotion to associate and then full professor
Potential coaching topics:
- Staying true to who you are while following a prescribed T&P format
- Selecting external reviewers for maximum impact and minimal risk
- Writing your research narrative: telling your story to non-specialists
- Editing and formatting your c.v. for clarity
- Maintaining calm during a season of stress
- Keeping your research going the summer before tenure
- Matching your dossier to your department’s expectations
- The art and science of a successful T&P application
- Should you use your prior credit from another institution?
- How to prepare a packet after a “stop the clock” for the birth or adoption of a child
- Should you go on the market “just in case”?
- The impact of COVID-19 on your tenure and promotion process
- Distilling your pedagogical philosophy and writing your teaching narrative
- Organizing your 3, 5, 10, or 20 years of work into a coherent story
- Dealing with “gaps” in your c.v.
- You’ve gotten that promotion. What’s next?
- It didn’t work out: recovering and responding to disappointment
- The risks and benefits of “going up early”.
- Having the post-promotion salary discussion with your chair, director or dean
Contact me at email@example.com with questions.